USC FWD Shootout
Prize Pot £7.2k, Entry Fees £200
Entries limited to 36 qualifying for a 32 car ladder
Entries will initially be open to cars with a sub 11 second slip and then be opened to plus 11 second cars one month before the event if spaces available. Nine spaces have been reserved for racers who supported the FWD Series in 2019 and these will be released two months before the event if they haven’t been taken up.
FWD Shootout entries will receive 2 weekend admission tickets to the event. If you require any additional tickets, they will need to be purchased separately.
The organisers reserve the right to exclude any entry from the shootout if they deem necessary. This would only be in the case of a car or driver being deemed unsafe or in breach of their class rules. The organisers decision is final and no disputes will be entered in to.
A sub 12 second timing slip is required upon entry to prove your eligibility for the shootout. If this is NOT submitted with your entry, the organisers reserve the right to withdraw any entry that does NOT meet the requirements.
Gates open at 8am Saturday for ALL competitors.
FWD Shootout Rules
- A full valid recognised road driving licence or MSA/FIA licence is required to sign-on.
- A declaration form must be signed by the driver before running on the track.
- The Race Director/Promoter retains the right to refuse track access to any vehicle they deem to be unsuitable, entry will not be refunded.
- Qualified cars will advance to eliminations.
- 16 cars will be qualified and will then enter eliminations.
- Qualifying on Friday and Saturday, Eliminations on Sunday
- All normal MSA/FIA general racing rules will apply such as blue line, first or worst, red lights, boundary infringements and staging rules etc.
- 30 seconds starting rule from staging lanes applies. The Starters decision is final.
- The race director’s decision is final and cannot be appealed.
- All prize fund pay-outs are subject to a 20 entries or on a downward sliding scale thereafter.
- Sub 12 Second FWD cars ONLY.
- Seat belts are mandatory.
- Arm restraints are mandatory for all open top and windowless vehicles.
- A safety helmet that is fit for purpose and a suitable fire suit are compulsory for ALL competitors.
- The driver must declare that their vehicle is safe and complies with the necessary rules and regulations.
- All vehicles taking part must be fit for purpose.
- Roll cages are strongly recommended for all vehicles running quicker than 12 seconds over a quarter mile.
- An SFI spec neck brace is recommended for ALL competitors using a helmet and compulsory for anyone travelling 130mph and faster.
- It is recommended that there is a secondary braking system for all vehicles travelling faster than 150mph, this can be a parachute or mechanical braking system in addition to a hydraulic system.
- A 5-point harness is strongly advised for vehicles capable of 145mph+.
- A HANS device is strongly advised for vehicles travelling 170mph and faster.
- It is highly recommended that all fuel systems and tanks are separated from the driver. There should be at least a bulkhead between the driver and the fuel lines and tank.
- Please note that if you and your vehicle have taken part in Motorsport UK/FIA competition, the safety rules and equipment required at the Doorslammers is the same as any Motorsport UK/FIA race event.
Enter now at https://racers.santapodtickets.com/p/uscracer.
Current FWD Shootout entries: